The three pillar strategy strategy of an Innovative System is to elevate an OGP country to a Gov 3? status relative to its open-data policy and progression to Web 3.
The key goals of the OGP are:
- Improving Public Services.
- Increasing public integrity.
- More effectively managing public resources.
- Creating safe communities.
- Increasing corporate accountability.
In the spirit of multi-stakeholder collaboration the OGP participating countries must embrace the Open Government Declaration. The OGP participants must deliver an action plan to include Crowdsourcing public engagement and commit to independent reporting on their progress. Action plans are structured to improve public services, increase public integrity, be more effective in managing public resources, create safer communities, and increase corporate accountability.
- The first step for a qualified country to participate in OGP is to submit a letter of intent that signals their government’s commitment to open government and intent to participate in the Partnership.
- The second step is the development of their action plan.
- The final step is for a participating country to commit to reporting their progress and to cooperate with the independent reporting mechanism.